Home Selling Tips
Curb Appeal – Does it Really Matter?
It is common for prospective sellers to make a list of house projects that they need to do prior to listing their home for sale. Most often the list that is created forgets a very important part of your home – the outside. There could be a great debate held that to argue which is more important your interior appearance or your exterior appearance. The winner of the debate would be the person who says they both are equally important. Home buyers want a home that sparkles both inside and out.
8 Ways to Boost Your Curb Appeal
- Power wash siding and walkways
- Hang easy-to-read house numbers
- Plant blooming flowers and fresh greenery
- Keep grass watered and yard maintained – mow lawn, reseed or add fresh sod where needed, and keep dog nuggets picked up
- Repaint or stain any exterior areas around the home that are faded, peeling, warn or weathered. Areas like doors, decks, window trim, soffit and fascia, and porch areas
- Wash windows
- Make walk ways and entrance areas to home warm and inviting – keep clean and fresh
- Keep yard and driveway free of debris and clutter
The reason the outside appearance of your home is so important is because it is the very first impression the buyer is given of your home. Most home buyers will look at the interior pictures of a home for sale on the internet and then do a drive by of the home to check out it’s curb appeal. This drive by moment typically is the determining factor on whether the prospective home buyer will request a showing of the home or not. So it is critical for home sellers to give their home as much curb appeal as possible as it is their homes first and most powerful impression.
Are You Considering Selling Your Home?
If you are considering selling your home we would love the opportunity to work hard for you. Contact us today so we can give you a FREE market analysis and help you determine what you may need to do to prepare your home for sale.
Three Rivers Realty working hard for home buyers, sellers and renters throughout the Twin Cities Metro Area and in Southern and Western Minnesota. Buy | Sell | Rent – 651.329.0482 or TheTeam@3RRealtyMN.com